What's On - Sheffield Food Festival
Stuck for ideas, searching for something to do or somewhere to go... look in our what's on guide and find out what's happening at your favourite Restaurants: Events, Tasting Evenings, New Menus, Cookery schools etc.
If you're after a bargain, have a look at the selected special offers and promotions available.
G Casino will be holding a lamb extravaganza during the Sheffield Food Festival. They have sourced two 18kg lambs from Border View Farm in Bradway, Sheffield and will be making special dishes with them all weekend. Come along and try one of the wonderful locally sourced recipes.
To book a table please call 0114 2757433
Will take place on both 14/15 September
Enjoy a great evening of North African tastes, flavours and scents with friends.
Bahia will tell the amazing story of couscous, and we’ll be playing Algerian music.
Three courses, including couscous, five mouth-watering dishes to share and complete with real mint tea and almond pastries.
Robust red wine and other drinks available from the bar.
• Bourak —deep fried filo pastry filled with cheese, potato, spring onion, black olives and parsley
• Khoudra Mechouia —Algerian roasted vegetables smoky courgette, pepper and onions roasted with Algerian spices
KEMIA —to share!
• Couscous —direct from Algiers and made by Bahia’s mum
• Merka —a classic vegetable and chick pea couscous sauce with Ras el hanout Algerian spices
• Chicken tagine —with preserved lemons and olives
• Tabikha —broad bean, pea, artichokes and fresh coriander
• Zrodiya mecharla —spicy carrots
• Makrout — choice of almond or date pastry
• Mint teasolutely
Tickets: only £15 in advance – ring 0771 433 4864
Harland Cafe, John Street, Sheffield S2 4QU
Friday 14 September, 7.30pm
(Kemia is Algerian for sharing)